What is FERPA?
Ferpa stands for the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, a Federal law that protects the privacy of a student's educational records. This law gives a student five basic rights:
- The right to inspect and review their educational records
- The right to seek the amendment of their educational records
- The right to consent to the disclosure of their educational records
- The right to obtain a copy of Butler's student records policy
- The right to file a complaint with the FERPA office in Washington, D.C.